Monday, June 8, 2009

My first wearable: Part 1

I have been surfing the internet (and my extensive book collection) for a good first wearable
project for myself. I was thinking maybe a sweater or a dress but those are very ambition (read: takes a lot of yarn) so I choose a tank top instead. I found this on Knit and Crochet Today and decided it looked easy enough to try. I am making it in Lake (blue) Cotton Ease (50/50 cotton and acrylic) and so far I have just finished one skein.

It is going well. I have been working on it for about a week now (off and on but more like 2 days). I have frogged several times because I keep losing track. It is hard to pay attention and watch TV but it is not that hard if you focus. The pattern is available for free on the website and I think this is a very cute pattern for anyone. This show sometimes comes on different PBS stations. You can use their website to find a station. The instructions on the show are great to help you be successful with this project.

This is me in it so far. I am making a L/XL (same size on the pattern) and it is a little big on me without it being blocked... it is might be huge when I finish it. I am in the exploded pineapple repeat section. I hope to finish this this week and start my first real blocking project (well one this large). Tell me what you think!!

Happy crocheting!!!

No comments: