Monday, March 9, 2009

Book Review: Blueprint Crochet

I love books, maybe even more than I love crafting but I can't be sure. I am going to add to my crafting madness here by including reviews of my favorite crochet and crafting books. We will start with a new jewel!!


Blueprint Crochet by Robyn Chachula


My hubby just bought me this book because he wants me to work on sweaters for me and thought some of these were very cute and structural (which I love). It also to be written by one of my all-time crochet designer Robyn Chachula. The book includes lots of really architectural designs (lots of math and science-y looking stuff) but it is all done through symbols!!! Symbols work so much better for me than actual instructions it is insane. I actually find that I don't even try most difficult patterns if they don't have symbols and diagrams to help. I am a very visual person so I need that kind of support (and I am sure other people need it too).

I really want to make everything in this book but especially the Sarah Bee Dress and the Katie Bolero. The book is totally worth the $23 if you want cute structural wearables. Check out Robyn's blog to find out more about this book and her other work (linked to the book title). I can't wait to share some of the things I make with this book!!! Oh and the cover is so cute too!


Enjoy!

No comments: