Sunday, February 6, 2011

Clair de Lune

 Sorry I didn't get this up sooner but this is for day 5, the necklace I mentioned last night but I couldn't get a good picture of... and I still don't have a great picture of this but I like these pictures better!

So being the geek I am I love jewelry that is related to something science-y and this necklace fits the bill. I saw a necklace with black lava balls wrapped in silver wire then strung together looking like little sparkling moons. I can do wire wrapping yet nor could I find all of the right pieces but I had these beads and I loved how they looked together. I am also on a huge asymmetry kick right now (much to my husbands chagrin). I think it looks cool as a mixed medium piece. I added the mirror and velvet just to make it more feminine since it has so much chain. So this is still an early attempt at jewelry making so all comments are welcome.

No comments: